Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Tyre and suspension questions

Ok, i have a 1990 valver with standard (broken) suspension at the minute, but i have a set of FK coilover waiting to go on, so with this lowerage i am also sorting out my wheels that ive had in the garage for the best part of 18months.

Now, these wheels are all 16x8, however, they are 5 stud, so i'll be needing some adapters too, my question is, will the fronts be ok at 8" wide PLUS the adapters? If so whats the maximum i can really lower the car before i start to run into problems?

Also, im after some tyres that offer a small amount of stretch, ive been recommended 195/40/16's, would this be correct? Im only after a small amount of stretch, nothing over the top, i want it to handle well.

Lastly, what tyres do people recommend? Ive normally used Toyo Proxes in the past, but ive been recommended to try Pirelli P zero nero's, any thoughts on this? I can get them from mytyres for £78 a pop, i'd rather pay more for good tyres than less for poopty ones.

Sooooo, please feel free to help as much as you can, it all needs sorting before E38