Sign in to follow this  
james_c2

1.8 16v kr missing

recently my raddo has been missing a little for the first min or so just after the cars been started but as soon but then would drive fine

untill friday drove from home to worcester, shut the car off for 10 mins as i was waiting to meet a mate and soon after setting off again it started missing really badly, and same the day after on the way home

plugs are a little oily on the threads due to the rocker cover gasket going but other wise seem fine

did a compression test just over a week ago and came out with 145, 145, 135, 145 so seems ok as there all within 1bar of each other

just pulled each lead out seperatly and none seem to run worse than others when running on 3

when on idle if it is reved up slowly it does not miss, its only when its reved with the pedal more than 1\3 down

any ideas

still waiting for new leads, plugs, dizzy cap and rotar arm but what could it be bar one of the leads or caps causing one of the leads to ark?

cheers james

leads i would say to change first, they quite prone to failing. vwspares do beru for about 30quid

no idea what cond there in as never looked, has no problem starting though

got leads + plugs coming tomorrow so hoping that will solve it, even though it doesnt seem to be missing on just one cylinder which would defenently show that one of the leads/plugs was solely causing the problem