Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

braided fuel hose...yay or nay

noticed the fuel hoses at either end of the fuel rail are a tad ropey

im thinking about getting some braided injection hose and some rubber finisher ends to do a tidy job...any reasons why i shouldnt use braided i dont recall seeing much about at shows etc

and am i likley to struggle to a get a proper seal on the orig plastic lines

:hitler:

Speedflow (the rather excellent hose and fittings place) make a definate statement in their catalog about NOT using braided hoses from the chassis to the engine as they're not designed to flex enough and have been known to cause fatigue failure of the fittings at the ends.

Fay at speedflow really knows her stuff, and I guess hose failure on a top fuel dragster can make quite a mess (she used to race them!).

Just my 2p

Have a look here, some good info on all types of auto pipework. Having told you not to use braided hoses, I can't actually find the reference to it in the docs on the website.....DOH. Best bet is to give Fay a call and talk through what you need, she's very helpfull.

http://www.speedflow.co.uk/tech/index.html

You can get a s/s overbraid that looks like braided hose but is much more flexy. Happy reading!

Speedflow (the rather excellent hose and fittings place) make a definate statement in their catalog about NOT using braided hoses from the chassis to the engine as they're not designed to flex enough and have been known to cause fatigue failure of the fittings at the ends.

Fay at speedflow really knows her stuff, and I guess hose failure on a top fuel dragster can make quite a mess (she used to race them!).

Just my 2p

Dave is rite, you don't need the braided stuff. Speedflow are the best around for all fuel fitting.

I've spent a fortune with them, but you get what you pay for :)

VRT 046.JPG[/attachment:34m2e5f7]