Sign in to follow this  
g60karmann

NOS or water / meth injection on a g60?

as titled has anyone done either, if so what do you think of the results?

I was thinking that NOS being injected pre g-ladder would give some pretty good results with a charge cooler fitted, as it would compress the NOS and air and cool the charge cooler even further. I have seen some intercooler NOS spray systems that are suppose to work quite well and give a far cooler inlet temp.

this was one of the kits for the intercoolers : -

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/Ntercooler.htm

I asked this before and got very little response, so hopefully someone will have more info this time round. Out of interest I purchased one of the water/methanol system from the group buy on here and will be fitting that to my G whenn I get a chance. Personally I don't like the idea of introducing NOS before the G lader - something about that just doesn't appeal to me....

there is always the worry about damage to the expensive g but I think reducing temps pre will if anything help the life of the charger, the only issue I could think of would be firing it into an already unhealthy g.

the safest / largest gains i can think of are either intercooler spray or pre charge cooler spray

yeah i can't think of any corrado that has nitrous injection of any form, yet it seems like such a tried and tested cheap way of getting a lot more power, i guess there is the unfortunate fast n furious tacky feel to it but i am definetly interested in giving it a go

I asked this before and got very little response, so hopefully someone will have more info this time round. Out of interest I purchased one of the water/methanol system from the group buy on here and will be fitting that to my G whenn I get a chance. Personally I don't like the idea of introducing NOS before the G lader - something about that just doesn't appeal to me....

would be great if you could let me know how it goes with the installation and any improvements :)

There are a couple of NOS users on here Chris VR6 NOS and Corrado VR6 NOS. There was a G60 with it in a copy of Golf+ a couple of years ago. I'm toying with the idea of a 50 shot to cool the intake temps, but I've seen too much evidence of what can go wrong, which is why I am trying water/methanol first,and will let you know.

From the NOS FAQ on their site:

superchargers compress the incoming air, thus heating it. With the injection of nitrous, a tremendous intercooling effect reduces intake charge temperatures by 75 degrees or more. Boost is usually increased as well; adding to even more power.

Nitrous oxide (chemical name dinitrogen monoxide) cools intake temps, so why would you inject it into the air intake before the supercharger? The G will just heat the whole lot up before the IC attempts to cool it down again.

IMHO, inject AFTER the intercooler and reduce the intake temps in the manifold even further :salute:

i run water injection. used to get instant drops of 10degrees in charge temp and combined with a front mount it was usually same if not lower than ambient.

This was all with a diy kit i made for about £20. I now have "devils own" water injection but yet to try it

Nitrous oxide (chemical name dinitrogen monoxide) cools intake temps, so why would you inject it into the air intake before the supercharger? The G will just heat the whole lot up before the IC attempts to cool it down again.

IMHO, inject AFTER the intercooler and reduce the intake temps in the manifold even further :salute:

I have to agree with the monkey here. The intake temps into the G will only be ambient anyway, so injection post throttle would be the best I think, gives the smallest amount of time for the intake temp to heat up again after the injection. (