Sign in to follow this  
andyherd

Central locking query

Hey all,

Just replaced my passengers door handle and changed the key barrel too.

My question is when I use the key in the passengers door should this activate the central locking and lock the drivers door and boot?

At the moment all it does is lock and open the passengers door however when I use my key in the drivers door it operates the central locking and locks both the passenger door and boot.

Thanks in advance

I'd imagine something is wrong with the electrical connection or switch to the passenger door, as they're operated by the vacuum pump it would lock from the drivers door but is not triggering the pump itself.

I'd imagine something is wrong with the electrical connection or switch to the passenger door, as they're operated by the vacuum pump it would lock from the drivers door but is not triggering the pump itself.

Both doors and the boot still open and lock when I use the key fob for the alarm I have so does that mean the vacuum pump is ok but perhaps an electrical connection to the passenger door handle is knackerd?