Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Bojmobile's Valver - Sold 2004

Hey everyone,

Been on the forum for a wee while but aint posted any pictures.

Here's my motor.

Cheers

Glenn

PS - you can also see the car on the RR day photos from 30th Nov at Star Performance.

Got it in August. I am sure I have seen them with similar wheels but aint seen any since I got it - they aren't the standard ones though are they? It's a really strange colour - usually looks black but actually is a kinda deep burgundy.

Cheers Bally,

Your's looks nice. Are they the standard wheels? I have no idea what mine should be like. Yours looks like it has the VR6 style bonnet - is that correct? But has the old grill? Mine is kinda like that too - apparently I have a mix of old and new style parts.

What mods you planning? How long you had yours?

I have definitely seen them on Corrados before I got mine but not since. Would ideally like a new set of wheels. Anyone wanna take a stab at my colour - clue - it aint black!

i saw them wheels the other day, on a red Astra Merit

Bally's right they are Vauxhall rims. Even my mate though they were off a carlton.

As for colour.. BLUE!!! :lol:

i saw them wheels the other day, on a red Astra Merit

Bally's right they are Vauxhall rims. Even my mate though they were off a carlton.

sorry brian but they look more like the dealer-fit Ronals or Raders that VW and Audi dealers were selling in the early to mid 90's.......must admit they do look pretty similar to the alloys that some vauxhalls had around the same era

Before they were "sprayed" I am sure the centre caps said Ronal. There is a three pronged key to take the centre caps off. Sound familiar to anyone.

Hope you don't mind me putting my 2p in Glenn.

No bother Paul - I must say the team that restored those wheels did a mighty fine job too! The gold look didnt really do much for the car!

BALLY!!! Roddy says your wrong!!! :lol:

They were maybe Ronals and fitted too dubs too, think i've seen them on MKI golfs too, but i definalty seen them on the Astra the tothernight and many many other Vauxhalls too.

Bojmobile, Your car looked blue when i saw it, and it looks blue in the pics... think it mighta had a redish tint through it too? one of those colours eh?

the sticker on the wing lists the colour as Dark Burgundy - which I think is quite rare. Check out photos - p1010016 and p1010046 from the RRday pics for a better view of the colour. Anyone else got a similar colour? I aint ever seen one like it - was advertised as purple and wasnt the colour I expected when I saw it.

Cheers Bally,

Your's looks nice. Are they the standard wheels? I have no idea what mine should be like. Yours looks like it has the VR6 style bonnet - is that correct? But has the old grill? Mine is kinda like that too - apparently I have a mix of old and new style parts.

What mods you planning? How long you had yours?

Hey guys, the alloy thing was a guess as I'd seen an astra with simliar rims Y'day :oops:

Cheers mate on the comments.. :D

The wheels were on the car when I bought it, there of a Golf cabbie Rivage..

Myn has a late bonnet, I've fitted a VR6 late grill..

I've had myn since the end of Sept 03, it was totally standard when I bought it, done abit more since the pics were taken, plans are to get it looking tidy by summer, fit coilovers and SLAM IT!!! 8) :wink:

A few other odds & sods...

What you got planned for yours matey?

Bally - cash is a bit tight right now so nothing major planned. Need a new throttle cable and some new wheels first and foremost. If you look at the RR day photos you will see that one of my fog lamps is knackered too. Anyone got any suggestions on what would look good?

PhatVR6 - would appreciate any new photos that you have just out of interest.

Cheers

G

Glenn, what wheels are you looking to get?

as for the fog lamps, try http://www.gpcvwaudi.com or you may pickup a set on ebay, or someone here may have a spare, stick up a wanted advert... :D

I'd stick with the OE ones, but its upto you..

Goodluck matey :D

Cheers Bally,

Dunno what wheels to go for ideally 16s and something a bit different - want to see a lot of the discs and calipers. Know a guy with an Audi Quattro that has some nice alloys for sale - have been waiting for him to let me try one out. I would imagine that the four stud Audi would fit mine ok - just waiting to try them. Will let you know how it goes. Just gonna try and get a throttle cable now.

Keep you posted.

G

No worries dude

be careful you check the offset on the rims, they maybe 4stud, but doesn't always mean they fit..

16's do look cool, so do 17's.. then you'll get people fitting 18's.. but the biggest at the mo..... 19's!!!!

check the forum for offsets, I don't remeber them...

Goodluck :D

Cheers Bally,

Dunno what wheels to go for ideally 16s and something a bit different - want to see a lot of the discs and calipers. Know a guy with an Audi Quattro that has some nice alloys for sale - have been waiting for him to let me try one out. I would imagine that the four stud Audi would fit mine ok - just waiting to try them. Will let you know how it goes. Just gonna try and get a throttle cable now.

Keep you posted.

G

i take it its something like an Audi 80 quattro????.....if it is i'm sure that these won't fit as they have a different PCD from the VW 4-stud PCD IIRC