Sign in to follow this  
ANTIHERO

Adjustable Vr6 Fuel Regulator

Hi,just got a adjustable fuel pressure regulator for my vr6 as its goingto vince on friday to get mapped with the charger on..How easy are they to install and set up?

they are pretty easy to install no matter what model you have got. as for setup, that not too difficult either, but have you got an in-lin pressure gauge to tell you what the pressure is and do you know what sort of pressure you need to run at idle? - you will need to know the figure for the pressure you need so it will run as it should - if you ask vince what pressure you should be running on your setup that would probably be your easiest bet...

as for setting up - just disconnect the vacuum hose, fiddle with the adjuster until the gauge corresponds with what the idle figure should be, then reconnect the vacuum hose (as far as i'm aware).

unless anyone wants to correct me on that, it's a pretty easy job to do.

well vince is mapping the car on friday , so he will to install that + set it up........i dont have a in line pressure gauge..where could i get one from?

lots of places do them - just have a look around at any place that does fluid transfer products (you may wish to "refine" your search if using a search engine here! :lol:) - type in something like "fuel pressure regulator" into ebay and you will hopefully get something useful...

just need a T-piece in the line that runs between the regulator and the fuel rail, and attach the gauge to that

if vince is setting it all up for you, then you won't really need one anyway - but it's always nice to have so you know whats going on with your engine i guess...

yeah i will have a look , thanks for the info .....thought an adjustable one would be better so that i can maybe get some more fuel through!!!

bring on Friday...cant wait

What charger you having installed?

Are you changing the injectors or just adding the adjustable fuel reg to up the pressure?

With charging these are the 2 options, either stick some larger injectors in in which case Vince will setup the fuelling correctly for them when mapping. Or fit a rising rate reg like a BEGI which replaces the standard fuel reg and basically forces more fuel through the standard smaller injectors. If you are going for the fuel reg then my guesses are leave it to Vince to setup. You wont want to adjust it to give more fuel as that wont give you anymore power, it will simply make it run too rich.

i am running a vortech at stage 2 (maybe stage 3 option later),full stainless system/264 cam/Water injection

running larger injectors,i got the adjustable one was it was same price as normal one but more range to tweak it.......

Ahh ok so you got the larger injectors. Well if adjustable was same price then fair enough, dont think it would be needed though as the larger injectors will allow for more fuel. Although it might come in handy when going stage 3 later on i suppose.

Sounds like a good setup, should be good for 300bhp! Enjoy :D

hopefully hit about 300 , was going to do charge cooler set up ut space is limited without upsetting the engine bay.....so think once i am done mapping that will be it for a while.got a mk2 golf i need to start spending money on to..lol...the vento is getting all the attension at the moment

Well depends on your budget i think, the usual charge cooler most people use will require the battery being relocated to the boot but if you have a wedge in your wallet then PWR charge coolers can be squeezed in the bay and do a good job. Look for CrazyDave's build thread, his is very neat indeed.

I would imagine with some good cams and cooling 300bhp should be reached easily enough. Mine made 270bhp with a rotrex running 7psi and with lowered compression and thats without any other mods like cams. And KADVR6's old Vortech V1 running 8psi at stage 2 made something like 294bhp with a just a 6 branch and no cams/cooling!

well i am not getting it mapped with the WI , thats more of a back up and can be removed if needed with out upsetting the map......yeah i looked at pwr ,maybe later in the year when the bank says i can have more money!!!lol