Sign in to follow this  
GTi_phil

Rado VR6 Radiator?

Hey people. Quick question, are there any other Corrado rads or VW rads which are the same as the Corrado VR6 radiators? I have twin fans seperate so they arent an issue if there different. Thanks people.

The short answer is No. However they arent difficult to source, easily found as pattern radiators. In fact the original rad was made in England for VAG. The most serious problem with the rad was the crimps on the side tanks loosening and therefore allowing a leak. If thats your problem it isnt the end of the day, get hold of someone who has some good tools and a vice, and slowly open the crimp edges up, clean the surfaces, put a sealant on the mating edges and crimp back down. I've done two rads this way, and they held for another 100K miles.

In the end the VAG rad is just weak and flimsy and really needs to be dumped. Look on Ebay for the PWR radiator for the VR6 corrado. Its well built, cools better and fits in almost perfectly (one of the slam panel mounts needs to be ground down a little to enable it to fit fully). Then watch your oil temp drop. Best money I've ever spent on my car.