Sign in to follow this  
red-rado

Dilemma

Im going through a bit of a dilemma with the 'raddo at the minute.

As most of you probably know, its a 1990 1.8 16v.

Lowered on Coilies

Full eyebrow and badgless grille

16X9 Borbet A's

IMG_3961.jpg

On coming back from my last meet it dawned on me that the borbets were rubbing a hell of a lot, and now *could* be deemed defective by a particularly arsey police officer. Resulting in a minimum of 6 points (= my license gone as im 18)

So, it got me thinking about other wheels. I love the borbets and the stance they give to the Corrado, but not only is it unpractical and potentially dangerous, its annoying and possibly risking my driving license. And its stopping the Corrado doing what it should do best.... Go round corners..

So thiking along those lines, I thought why not get a set of lightweight race inspired wheels, and chuck some decent tyres on them? Then I would probably throw some poly bushes and ARB's etc at it and make it more about performance than looks. (Obviously including beefing up the 16v a bit.) And sell the eyebrow in favour of the standard 7 slat grille.

What are people oppinions on this? Do i keep it how it is, more about 'show' than 'go'. On do I put a set of smaller wheels on and throw some bits at it to make it perform?

(*Note im not thinking anything lary, possibly some Compomotive MO's or the like with some R888's)

Oppinions much appreciated.

Whats your problem mate why do u think that the tyres are illegal ? why dont u get the arches pulled if there the wheels u want or have u done that? is it cos there stretched? :shrug:

I'd def lose the eyebrow - go old skool /OEM+ on the wheels (BBS or something) - make it a performance machine rather than something that looks good but you can't drive without worrying about the cops or handling!

Defo more go than show. As soon as my wheels rub whether it be the arch edges or inner arches they have to go. The whole point in having a car like this is not to have to hold back in the corners.

BMW E30 wheels are good as there 7in wide and ET25 so they fill the arches nicely.

BMW E30 wheels are good as there 7in wide and ET25 so they fill the arches nicely.

Yep, that's what I've got - they look the tits!