Sign in to follow this  
16V KEV

dash removal

im trying to get my dash out due to my heater matrix leaking ,ive undone everything i can see , & the two in the engine bay but still doesnt wanna come out ??? has anyone any info please .

i removed my mkii golf one with no probs but this is driving me mad ??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry m8,

I've taken out the heater controls, ashtray & middle console etc but, that's it.

I remember hearing that there are bolts in the engine bay hidden under the windscreen somewhere that a lot of people seem to miss. I dont know exactly where or if its the ones you already got but its worth a look.

I got the bugger out !! two more m6 nuts under bottom of screen , just the matrix to change then all back together , hope it all goes back in ok :?

good luck.. let us know how it goes. i have to do this when the weather gets ok here (we got over foot of snow over the weekend...) i heard its a bugger of a job.. vw charges 8 hours for it. :x

hi mate ,the job wasnt that bad really once i found all the retaining screws ect , matrix was an easy item to change , then fitting it all back in was a pain trying to remember where all the wires went , didnt help things having to repair an existing bodge job on the radio wiring {done by a previuos owner} but all back in now and seems ok , flushed the system & added new coolant , overall a fairly good job that saved me a lot of wonga at the stealers ......

hi mate ,the job wasnt that bad really once i found all the retaining screws ect , matrix was an easy item to change , then fitting it all back in was a pain trying to remember where all the wires went , didnt help things having to repair an existing bodge job on the radio wiring {done by a previuos owner} but all back in now and seems ok , flushed the system & added new coolant , overall a fairly good job that saved me a lot of wonga at the stealers ......

Well done Kev, :cheers:

After all the hours of cursing :x there's a certain satisfaction you get, when a job like that all comes together. :)

yea, but its hard explain that to your flatmates when you've got blood all over your hands, and your kinda squinting through very wattery eyes cuz theres loads of grit in 'em, and your back is raw cuz you've been lying on a grit driveway for the last few hours!!!!! Or maybe thats just me.

Aside from the personal injury, it is satisfying fixing stuff though. :D

yea, but its hard explain that to your flatmates when you've got blood all over your hands, and your kinda squinting through very wattery eyes cuz theres loads of grit in 'em, and your back is raw cuz you've been lying on a grit driveway for the last few hours!!!!! Or maybe thats just me.

Aside from the personal injury, it is satisfying fixing stuff though. :D

:D :D I hear ya...

My girlfriend can't understand how the Corrado is such a good car when, I spend all my spare time working at it.

Dan,

I just put a modified G60 in mine, it was a regular 1.8 16v. She got in the car the other night for the first time and asked "Whats that noise, it sounds different to the last time I was in it!"........ Oh shit! "Oh, thats just the new air box honey!". I think she pretends not to know now. They will never understand.