Sign in to follow this  
edd

speedo take two

right so my last post stated that my speedo wasnt working now this ones pleading for someone to explain to my ingnorant mind whats exactly going on between the c's gearbox and instrument panel. The last post stated that my speedo was working intermitently will work fine for first five minutes of trip then gradually goes downhill, coming on and off as and when ity feels like it. Its drops in and out as if there is a dodgy earth but when its working everything is fine i.e spoiler, speed registered etc. Now ive checked the back of the IP and all connections seems fine as do the connections on the sender unit. The black plastic unit on top of the gearbox by the linkages... Yes?? i am looking at the right thing???? so while im coming home with my spoiler coming up and down like a tarts knickers as the speedo plays its stupid little game with me i thought sod it ill disconect the wires from the speedo sender..... what happens....the speedo carries on as before, but is still workin half the time. Now i realise something is flawed here what i want to know is before i shell out the pounds at the stealers, is it me or the car. what are the wires i disconnected and does the speedo have another sensor it reads from. cheers :x :x :x