Sign in to follow this  
Valerian

Bonnets, Stone Chips and Bra's

When i first aquired my latest Corrado the bonnet was heavily stone chipped.

I was more than happy when i managed to source another secondhand bonnet (minus stone chips) which i fitted to the car five months ago.

Now...i haven't gotten to wash the Corrado much lately seeing as it's nearly always been raining but today seeing as the sun was out i decided to give the old gal a good wash and wax.

Well now the car is clean but looks like replacing that old bonnet was a complete waist of time. There are stone chips all over the bonnet again :bad-words:. Also seems to be 3 light dents in the bonnet which are probably thanks to the teenager problem we are having in the street :censored: .

Can anyone here who has one of those bonnet bra's tell me if they do any good at all at deflecting stones?

I'm quite tempted to get one but a little worried i might just be giving the local teenage kids something else to damage.

Personally, I think they definitely work!

Mine tends to go on if i've got a fair few motorway miles or long journeys to do.

Best advice is to hang it up to dry out (after rain) and then turn it inside out to remove the crap that DOES end up under it, otherwise, it can end up scratching your bonnet as badly as the stone chips.

I swear by my bonnet bra - only put it on when travelling, 30 second job to put on and take off, not created any wear marks on the bonnet either. Hate the look - like the protection

I swear by my bonnet bra - only put it on when travelling, 30 second job to put on and take off, not created any wear marks on the bonnet either. Hate the look - like the protection

bit like a condom then? :wink: