Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

4Motion bought - update 8th April (P7)

Nice. I have one very similar as my main car. Same colour, heated black leather, aircon, winter pack (headlight washers - looks like yours has them too), sports pack (allegedly lower suspension from factory and different wheels). Great cars. It's getting older now but I can't see a reason to change it.

Portent - I know what you mean, they are such a great all rounder and with the VR under the bonnet they do have a bit of character.

Ours is 9 years old and with 90k on the clock now but just started its spring machine polish today and I'm amazed at how good the paintwork still is

looking good mate, can i ask how much have you lowered it by and using what.. presuming you have and to save me trawling back thru the thread to find out! :)

Philuk - lowered approx 60mm using Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, damned expensive but top notch quality and performance

do you have any driveshaft knocking issues? ive heard of people having the notch the chassis to go loww

Absolutely no driveshaft issues. I can only assume its not a problem that affects 4Motions, the V5 Bora before had been lowered a similar amount and I changed the front anti-roll for an FK one to get round the knocking issue.

It's funny looking at other peoples cars. I look at yours and think "oh, that's nice!" and forget I have one sitting in the garage which is equally as nice. It's like when you're cooking for yourself you enjoy it less than when someone is cooking for you :)

But it's nice to see the cream leather. I've always been a fan of black interiors but recently I've been moving over to the light side :) I need to get rid of the damn wood effect in mine though.

The wood is vey easy to get rid of at verylittle cost, couple of rattle cans and abit of time - job done