Sign in to follow this  
cormjah

Valver stuttering badly - fuel lines? fuse? relay?

Here we go!

The valver was stuttering badly on starting then the revs would die. after a sketchy run home, revs dying at junctions etc, I got back to see the spoiler was still up although i'd been around 30mph for some time.

It did the lumpy staring thing the next morning but after revving for a bit then re-starting, it sat at 1000rpm steady as normal?

So is it a fuse thing? I saw something about the Lamda probe being on the same circuit which might explain the spoiler?

Any suggestions?

dirt in the petrol? when was the last time it had a fuel filter?

the spoiler won't drop back down until 12mph IIRC, so having it up at 30mph is perfectly normal (unless you are accelerating from stopped in which case it won't go up until 50)

1.8 mate

not sure when the filter was replaced, it does stutter when it's been parked on an angle, would that cause dirt to settle in the wrong place?

if you park uphill, the petrol will slosh away from the collector inside the tank making it a little harder to start when you're low on petrol.

There's a guide to doing fuel filters on here and they're cheap enough, so would be a good place to start I'd say.