Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Centre of wheel to arch measurements? Coilovers?

right am still suffering with this poor handling, after the new wishbone on the front died, now the rear end feels loose i suspect something is buggered there too. I've decided to fork out a load more dosh and try and sort it once and for all :(

could people with late VR's tell me the measurements they have from centre of wheel to the arch, on front and back and then state what suspension they have.

i'm now considering getting coilovers supplied and fitted by stealth, new rear axle bushes and then get the rest inspected and setup properly.

i have to raise the front as its too low and thats with -40mm spring kit, i've tried two sets now and both too low at the front?

Darren said:

your car was dropped to 585mm front and 600mm rear. these measurments are taken from floor to centre of arch.

about mine and that was before it settled so its probably lower. Car drives 100 times better than standard, ok it catcheson the lip but i can live with that. Not harsh, crashy, just planted..

what suspension do you have Goldie?

i was going to pm you as i knew you had same sized wheels as me.

i'll measure to the ground on mine then, i thought the centre of rim was a better idea as its not affected by the rim size

what suspension do you have Goldie?

i was going to pm you as i knew you had same sized wheels as me.

i'll measure to the ground on mine then, i thought the centre of rim was a better idea as its not affected by the rim size

KW Variant 1s, i cant rate them enough....

Mine going to 17s next time its driven so ill have to move it to get it look right, coilovers only go down though..

just tried to measure my ground to arch lol think the ground must be uneven as i got weird results

front drivers: 570mm

front pass: 600mm

rear drivers: 6300mm

rear pass: 600mm

will try again later

are your coilovers on the highest settings Goldie?

my only other option i can find is eibach springs which state a 30mm drop instead of 40mm

will hopefully get my reply up on here before long (got to wait until i get the car back!) and after i've got the car all setup and finished how i want it...

currently running 17" bbs rx's with kw v3's :)

just found my rear axle bushes are totally shot!!!!! explains so much, in fact i was pleased when i saw it as it should solve alot of problems :lol:

i still plan to get the KW1's, i notice they also make a street comfort kit that lowers from 5mm to 45mm, sounds ideal but costs about £900 :(

quick pic of car since fitting coilovers, still need adjusting but much happier that the front can be raised so wishbones aren't inverted

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01342.jpg