Sign in to follow this  
red_baron

Prestige Wheels - Furness Vale

Hi Everyone,

Having had air leakage problems on my rather old and corroded looking Speedlines for a few months (if not years) I finally took the plunge to get them refurbed. Didn't really have a clue where to go as I have a nasty habit of seeking out cowboys whenever it comes down to any garage related services.

I picked up a flier for Prestige Wheels in Furness Vale at the Tatton Park car show a few months back and decided to get in touch. From the off everything seemed good - great communication, and they were happy for me to go and take a look at their facilities before making a decision.

So I took the car in last Wednesday after work and picked it up Friday morning. In a word... superb! They chemically stripped them, sorted out the corrosion and gouges (kerbed well before I owned it) and re-coated them to match the original colour. They also swapped the rear tyres for the fronts and balanced them the best they have ever been balanced since I've owned the car. Oh, and they have maintained the correct pressures since Friday morning, even after an 800 mile jaunt up to Scotland and back.

£250 for 4 wheels, including cleaning up and painting the nuts, and with a courtesy car thrown in for a couple of days too. They also offer a mobile service if you need it, and will collect your wheels from you for a small additional fee.

I couldn't recommend them enough.

http://www.prestigewheels.co.uk

Speak to Helen and get yourself booked in!

When the weather's a bit better and I've given her a clean I'll put some piccies up on here.

Cheers,

Ian

Nice report and good to hear that there are still good, honest companies out there - what with all the tales of cowboys you hear about these days!

As promised here's some piccies of car & wheels. Apologies as these were taken on the mobile and it was FREEZING cold at the time!

Still chuffed. Still inflated and looking really good.