Sign in to follow this  
SIG60

AMD Chip

Looking for some advice please!!

Am interested in a Chip for my g60- it already has a stage 4 charger and am curious what difference a chip will make:

- Will the car be more likley to break down?

- Will the fuel consumption be affected?

- As I am running a stage 4 charger do I need a chip?

- Is it worth buying a second hand chip or should I go and get it fitted by Jabba or someone similar?

Item on ebay that has sparked these questions: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=32094

Thanks for any help!

Looking for some advice please!!

Am interested in a Chip for my g60- it already has a stage 4 charger and am curious what difference a chip will make:

- Will the car be more likley to break down?

Shouldn't do, depends more on servicing and mechanical sympathy.

- Will the fuel consumption be affected?

You want more power and to use less fuel, let us know if you achieve that mate we'll all have some!! :shock: Depends if you wear lead boots or titanium trainers.

- As I am running a stage 4 charger do I need a chip?

Not if you stick with the std pulley. You could get a few neddys if you had a custom chip for your std setup but why would you when nearly 200 is on the cards for £2-300 with a 68mm.

- Is it worth buying a second hand chip or should I go and get it fitted by Jabba or someone similar?

A chip for a 68mm pulley will work with a std pulley. I had this for a week. Jabba fitted it at inters a couple of years ago. It ran much better/smoother. I fitted the 68mm pulley after I got home. I would personally want to hear my car run, before handing over the money for an unknown chip. Unless it was really cheap, £25ish. Fitting them can be a DIY job. Jabba used to do them for mailorder and the likes of http://www.snstuning.com have howto's you can read.

**mod edit**quotes made easier to read - stevemac

Looked at your ebay link. That seems ok. It would likely cost you 50 for a pulley any way. Maybe you could have the guy fit it for you. It may be a ride to Harrogate but you would know it works before handing over the cash. You could drive home and fit the pulley later.

Gavin

OOps Clacton is chuffing miles. Scratch plan A.

AMD chips are custom mapped to each specific vehicle. I doubt this chip will be much use to you unless you have exactly the same modifications as the car which it was custom mapped for.