Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Noise from inside the car.

Not driven the corrado for a while. so after fitting the new exhaust system i decided to take the car for a spin to set the exhaust compound that i used. After a few miles i noticed a electrical whining noise coming from the rear passenger seat area, almost like something is winding in or out electrically. The noise is more obvious from inside the car than out.

I had a seized calliper a while back from lack of use and initially thought it might be a piston trying to wind in and out. Is their anything electrical under the rear seat / behind the door card in this area ?

Anyone got any bright ideas what it could be

Have you got your heated seats on mate ?? If its from the passenger side rear it will be a seat related if its on the drivers side rear it will be window related!!

Thanks for the quick answer, Just been into the garage.. to have a play !

right by flicking the heated seats switch between off and 1 i can here a click from that area.. I've just noticed after fitting a new stereo yesterday that both heated seat switches had been knocked. They both were on but between off and 1 just. could this cause the noise ? I've switched them off now and report back after another spin.

Mine was like a buzzing electrical noise coming from the passenger rear door card! They are supposed to click when you turn them on that will be the relay turning on but if its a permanant buzzing after that it will more than likely be a faulty relay or soming involved with the heated seats! I never sorted mine only happens on mine when the drivers side heated seat is turned on will hopefully get round to solving the problem eventually!

thanks... I think the problem was that the seats were not actually on or off if that makes sence... the noice has gone away now that the seats are off and On and both seats warm nicelly.

How do the seats work ? do you have to have the fan heater turned on and up to max. or are they just controlled by the heated seat switch ? Is it just the bases that get warm or is it the backs as well ?

Nope they are controlled by the switches mate!! Its the back and the bases that get warm! Hate the GF sometimes for this as the passenger side one works but the drivers one doesnt so no heated seat for me shall have to fix it soon!! lol glad you got it sorted though!