Sign in to follow this  
Rosso

16v 4branch

alright peeps, just bought an ABF engine for my rado as the KR...well, died a death really.lol.

wanting to get a 4branch fannymould for it but struggling to find one for a RHD model. does anywhere do these or would i have to have one made up?

cheers, Ross.x

Hi mate I've been looking for one too there is millions on flebay but there mostly shite one there are a couple of racelands tho but I'm guessing you have looked there as for me I may well make a mild steel one as it's cheaper and the is not alot different to stainless!?!!

... although abf is 16mm taller block

this is what I was wondering, do 4 branches clear the rack/subframe/bulkhead when fitted to the taller ABF block, if not then I'd heard of people modding the mounts to drop the engine a little to compensate.

there's no doubt you'll change the torque characteristics with a 4 branch, maybe not in the desired way,

I personally have found a flowed/polished standard 16v cast iron manifold and standard downpipe is excellent, and you are definitely not going to get any problems with noise, cracks, heat issues etc, but in the quest for peak power everyone seems prepared to ditch the oem bits, and new 4 branches are shiny of course :)

I used a tsr stainless mk2 golf 1, should be fine if not runing a cat although abf is 16mm taller block

so a mk2 golf one would fit? thort the bulkheads were different so one wouldnt fit? or is that me bein dumb? :scratch:

tsr said a kr 16v golf one that they do will fit a 16v kr or 9a rado not sure about the abf tho although g-werks do a 16v 4 branch that has a bit of adjustment in lengh and they told me it would fit abf too but when i spoke to them 6 months ish ago they needed enough orders to make some

hth

Ash