Sign in to follow this  
homerhobson

ECU information

ECU Problem, the car currently runs and ECU code 021 906 258A bosch 0261 200 495. I cant find any of these ECU's and would like to know can i fit another one or are they simply for that car set and thts it, there appear to be loads on ebay etc with pretty similar codes but instaed of the letter A at the end they have a combinatiuon of letters. Im no expert hence the reason im asking.

Thanks

Homer

mail: [email protected]

I burnt out an ecu on my G60 corrado a

few years back and i couldn't find a matching

ecu.I found 1 off another g60 'raddo with different

numbers and a different coloured sticker,went fine

exept for the horrid digi-lag.

i had the same problem a year ago and spent 6 months searching for one with the right code. my origional was a CC and i used a B with no problem. i think your code relates to an early coilpack car. if you cant find one that ends with A you may be able to use one that ends with CP which is later coilpack cars and get it mapped by stealth to your car if theres a problem. BF may be no good cos its for auto cars and B and CC are for cars with a dizzy. you may be able to use any vr6 ecu and just get it mapped by vince at stealth so i would give him a ring and ask him as he knows his stuff when it comes to this kind of thing. if you can use any i have a couple of spare golf ones. u can have one cheap if u need.