Sign in to follow this  
Johnkerry

Strut top nut tool

Hi, Can someone please tell me where i can get the tool for undoing the nut on the top of the strut with the groves in it?Ive tryed knocking it around with a screw driver but no good, im starting to make a mess of the nuts and im worried about recking the threads. I need to get the tool sent to Ireland as i cant find one here at all. Any help would be great ,

Thanks

whereabouts are you based ive got all three sizes if you were close you are welcome to borrow them failing that sealey do the tool you can get it from gsf parts or unipart or any motor factor really ??? hope this helps

liam

Thanks for the reply , Ive not been in Ireland very long and i gave all my tools away when we i moved here, My car is a G60 and i have FK suspension, the tool im after is the one with the two little pegs on it, its just imposible to get tools round here, i brought a compressor and a air rachiet to undo the 22ml nuts and i thought i was home dry and then i came across these two little things which has had me stuck again :( even none of the garages round here have got the tool . So far raising the suspension has taken a month due to waiting for parts , running into problems and waiting for more parts :mad2: If you ad the tool it would be great if i could borrow it i would be more than happy to pay the postage. I just want to drive my car :( .

Thanks alot.

Take a 21 or 22mm socket and grind 2 flats onto it so you can grip it with a normal spanner, then just drop an allen key down through the hole to keep the strut from turning.

Hi, I live in Co.kerry right down on the coast, my nearest motor factors is 60miles away,, i surpose i will have to wait untill after xmas now.

you have adjustable coilovers and you want to raise? you should be able to do this with out taking of the strut if im on the right tracks??

but regards the tool i can send it to you no probs if you want to borrow it??

let me know or use toads idea just wasting a shiny socket lol :lol:

liam

Take a 21 or 22mm socket and grind 2 flats onto it so you can grip it with a normal spanner, then just drop an allen key down through the hole to keep the strut from turning.

I only have one socket set, a set of spanners and the airgun and a set of screw drivers :lol: i would have to buy a grinder and another scoket to grind up, but nice try good idea , thanks

I only have one socket set, a set of spanners and the airgun and a set of screw drivers :lol: i would have to buy a grinder and another scoket to grind up, but nice try good idea , thanks

haha i love ireland :luvlove: fantastic senery lol just no shops by the sounds of it

you have adjustable coilovers and you want to raise? you should be able to do this with out taking of the strut if im on the right tracks??

but regards the tool i can send it to you no probs if you want to borrow it??

let me know or use toads idea just wasting a shiny socket lol :lol:

liam

yer m8, should have been an easy job, first thing i got to was the rings all four sets were seased soild, one broke when i was taking them off i ordered new rings and it took a week , got the backs done no proplem, then i got to the fronts and couldnt get the 22ml nuts of the top mount so i ended up buying an airgun compressor and now ive got the these and cant get them undone. The whole job has been a pain. If you could send me the tool i will PM you my details. Thanks very much m8.

sounds like its been a bit of a nightmare for you mate its soo anoying when you just want to get something done but you either stuck for parts,daylight or tools in your case two out of three lol.

yeh i dont mind as i havnt got any struts to take of in a hurry lol pm me you address and ill get them out to you as soon as (tomorrow )

probably be you best crismas prezzie :lol:

liam

haha i love ireland :luvlove: fantastic senery lol just no shops by the sounds of it

:lol: if it was a tractor i would av the parts in 5 mins cause its a car ill be waiting a month :lol:

Normal socket should do the trick.

sorry mate i think you are slightly :confused4: its not the 22mm nut im having trouble with, its the coller underneth it with two notches in it thats what im having trouble with.

Oooops! For some reason I thought you meant the main nut.

Have you got a set of spring compressors on the spring to take the load off that bit? I undid mine with an allen key bit in a screwdriver.