Sign in to follow this  
oldskoolkool

2.0 into 1.8 !

hi guys/gals

Ive been looking for a simple answer really im going from 2.0 to 1.8 and i wanted to know is there many complications??

i know that the fuel compensator is on the side on the kr head and not the 9a but is there many other differences ?

i know that they will go in fine just a bit confusled

will i need the fuse box loom or will i just get away with the kjet engine loom

any thoughts would make my day!

liam :D

The engines are identical if you have a kr and 9a, just use whatever management your car runs on the replacement engine then its straight swap

yeh thats what ive got/getting kjet (kr lump)

supposed to be better too isnt it?

shall have to see what its like ill put the loom and everything on from the other car

thanks

take this for instance the engine that im getting is an early kr with the cable driven speedo and mines electronic are the boxes the same and just a transducer replaces the cable drive if you get what im saying :scratch: :nuts:

so your fitting a KR? why not keep the 9A? im confused.

Best to run 9A with KR cams and 9A management if thats what you already have fitted

Lol the 9a is dead lol bitten ends gone and I wanted to do 9a bottom n kr top but doing it that way was going to work out too pricy so I'm going kr but rebuilding it with lightend bottom and and oversized shells and mains so it's strong and I've found a cheap kr too so I'm going to convert to kr LOL I know stupid but it's what Ive got availiable

cheers liam!j

As Flusted said, easiest bet is to fit your current injectors, ancillarys and everything from your current engine onto the new one and off you go. With KR/9A swaps you don't need to swap the management or fueling etc.

I thought 9A bottom ends were worth £150-£200 these days? That's not too much... Plus you'll probably lose a few BHP with the extra restrictions of the cat. Keep the KR cams with the KR bottom end too.

it aint on there no more lol kinda blew it up when i broke down and it dumped a load of fuel down the exhaust lol

ive got every thing kjet and 1.8 on the new engine ( metering head ecu loom ancillaries i guess ill be selling them the ??