Sign in to follow this  
dolphvr6

clutch

was driving my vr6 earlier and car wouldnt go into gear as the pedal wouldnt go down,got her towed home,the clutch and slave cylinder hv been changed within the last 3000 miles,started taking pedal box out wen i nocticed the cylinder at the pedal so traced the feed pipe to brake resevoir,then hard pipe to slave cylinder,i opened bleed nipple and there is no pressure are they difficult to bleed as need to do this to see if its the master cylinder as its 100 quid if it is

thanks

Pedal wouldn't go down??

That sounds more mechanical than hydraulic, Bleeding is easy either manually or even better with an eezibleed kit but it would have been done recently when the slave was changed...

would go down but only til a few inches from floor the made a noise which after further investigation today seems to be coming from slave cylinder,as now wen you push pedal down it wont return

Hmmm - are you sure they replaced it?? New ones should be alloy and not painted.

You can't really fit it wrong so might be something up with the clutch fork or release bearing - probably best to take it back to whoever did the clutch.