Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Can the bonnet fit inside the car??

This is one of those questions which could have ended up in the Interior or Exterior section. Basically can the bonnet fit inside the car (and with you still being able to drive it of course)? The reason why I'm asking is I'll be getting one of the carbon fibre ones before too long, and I'll want to be able to bring my old one back from wherever I get it fitted. Anybody any ideas :shrug:

UPDATE 31/1/09. Having tried to get a bonnet in my car today, I can say it doesn't fit.... For those who have managed it I take my hat off sirs, but there was no way mine was going in today :lol:

I got a bonnet in the back of mine along with a passenger door, and without the passenger seat down too.

Had to leave the tailgate behind though as there was no room left for it :D

I got a bonnet in the back of mine along with a passenger door, and without the passenger seat down too.

Had to leave the tailgate behind though as there was no room left for it :D

You left your tailgate behind, or were you trying to carry another one...

Had a whole tailgate in the boot many a time, so i would think a bonnet should fit aswell.

Would take some old clothes to put over the side parcel shelves as last time i had the tailgate in, it damaged the side of the parcel shelf :(

But apart from that it fitted fine, had to leave the parcel shelf itself off thou.

Good luck with it thou, (Will contact you soon about the heater controls hopefully)

Ian

I was trying to carry another one

Cheers for clarifying :D

Had a whole tailgate in the boot many a time, so i would think a bonnet should fit aswell.

Would take some old clothes to put over the side parcel shelves as last time i had the tailgate in, it damaged the side of the parcel shelf :(

But apart from that it fitted fine, had to leave the parcel shelf itself off thou.

Good luck with it thou, (Will contact you soon about the heater controls hopefully)

Ian

Thanks Ian. I'd planned on taking some old sheet and blankets when I need to do it, but was unsure as to whether it would even fit...

I'd like to know how IG88 managed to get a bonnet in the back of a Rado and shut the boot?

When I went to buy a replacement bonnet there was absolutely no way it would fit in the back of mine, no matter whatever angle we tried there was no way it would fit. In the end we took off the old bonnet, put on the new one and left the old one behind. The bonnet was too wide to sit flat in the boot and too wide to go in at an angle and close the boot.

Suppose it might squeeze in if you take out the parcel shelf supports? Or rest it on you head all the way home? Much easier to borrow a bigger car and use that to transport it.

I'd like to know how IG88 managed to get a bonnet in the back of a Rado and shut the boot?

When I went to buy a replacement bonnet there was absolutely no way it would fit in the back of mine, no matter whatever angle we tried there was no way it would fit. In the end we took off the old bonnet, put on the new one and left the old one behind. The bonnet was too wide to sit flat in the boot and too wide to go in at an angle and close the boot.

Suppose it might squeeze in if you take out the parcel shelf supports? Or rest it on you head all the way home? Much easier to borrow a bigger car and use that to transport it.

It went in diagonal, and more or less stayed like that as it was wedged against one of the shelf supports. I used a load of cloths so nothing was damaged. I have witnesses too :lol:

ask steve supercharged if it fits, if it would have fitted do you think he would have stripped he's old bonnet down to swap it for a new one while he was as prescott?? last year.