Sign in to follow this  
mr_ed

Alarm help neede *URGENT*

Hi folks, (sorry mods, i know this is in the wrong bit but im just after some hits and some help really quickly as i need my car back on the road by tonight for work!!!)

I disconnected my battery today, connected it back up and an alarm that i didnt even know i had has kicked in, the car wont start and all the indicators are flashing!

Since i have owned the car i have never used the alarm as to the best of my knowledge it has never worked (I have a foxguard alarm fob but it has never done anything)

I have always used the immobilser before starting the car (thin black one that you have to hold near the ignition barrel for a couple of seconds) and the car will always start.

DSC00890.jpg

What has happened is the alarm light on the dash board (underneath the heater vent) has jumped into life and is just flashing away and it seems to be overriding my immobiliser as the effing car wont start now!

I have found a red button down by the spoiler switch but that doesnot seem to do anything

All help appreciated as i need the car back on the doad by tonight to get to work!!

If anyone can help my number is 07795 261769

cheers!!!

after a bit of poking around my self i have been able to find this........

DSC00891.jpg

I have disconnected everything but the chuffing car still wont start!

am i on the right tracks or a mile away?

Yup. It looks like an alarm box alright.

It probably has some sort of basic relay based immobiliser built into it. If you can trace the wires from the ignition barrel and see which are cut and connected into the alarm box.

If you have a passat/golf haynes manual check the ignition wiring circuit. It should be a thick red wire + a think red/black wire and a thick black wire that will need reconnecting. iirc they are the starter motor and ignition system switched wires.

is there any way of just turning the whole thing off? would that over-ride the imobiliser?

does this pic help any?

DSC00884.jpg