Sign in to follow this  
carter711

Neuspeed 160F thermostat

I plan to change the radiator on my VR6 this week as the old one has sprung a leak. Whilt I'm there I'm thinking of changing the thermostat for peace of mind as the engine is still on it's original (1995, 121,000).

I've seen this one on the Awesome site and it says it allows the engine to run at lower temperatures. Has anybody fitted one of these? Is it a difficult job?

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.ph ... 89&xSec=86

Any help or advice appreciated!

:)

i fitted a neuspeed thermostat and rad switch on my 20v not so long ago, and i have ditched them and gone back to genuine parts. not convinced the parts work that well in my experience. i would stick to the genuine parts

I plan to change the radiator on my VR6 this week as the old one has sprung a leak. Whilt I'm there I'm thinking of changing the thermostat for peace of mind as the engine is still on it's original (1995, 121,000).

I've seen this one on the Awesome site and it says it allows the engine to run at lower temperatures. Has anybody fitted one of these? Is it a difficult job?

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.ph ... 89&xSec=86

Any help or advice appreciated!

:)

Yep, I have fitted this to my VR6 along with the lower temp fan switch. Works fine on mine but I would only advise fitting one of these if you currently see high temps.

As for an easy job, its not very difficult at all. I would suggest you buy a new thermostadt housing too as the old one can crack and it will come with new o rings.