Sign in to follow this  
Mark_Storm

Complete brake overhaul - issue with goodridge rear hoses?

I've just had all the bits come in for my brake overhaul - calipers back from biggred (set of 288 and just another set of std rears), new discs and pads from CRN and goodridge hoses from GSF. I've had a play with them before they go on the car but the rear hoses don't want to go into the calipers. The fronts just screw straight in no problem and don't want to strip the threads so haven't tried forcing it.

Anyone had this before? I know the rear calipers are mk2 golf style so don't know if this is where the problem lies - are they the same fitment as mk3s?

Hi mate, yeah should be the same...

Thread size is M10x1mm - you could check the hose is correct by trying the male of one into the female of the other...

Maybe an issue with the refurb? does the thread look good / clean inside the caliper?

Thanks Supercharged. It all looks good, they fit a little rubber bung into the threads before doing anything, might just be a bit of paint has got on to the start of the threads tho. I've dropped everything off at a local garage, so they should be able to clean the threads up a bit. Just wanted to make sure it was the right hose kit.