Sign in to follow this  
glens16v

1.8 16v vacuum pipes

Hi I was just wondering if there is anybody who can help me hear I have a 1990 1.8 16v which I have been changing the body shell on I will post pics later the problem I have is the vacuum pipes on the engine would anybody be able to post a pic of the vacuum pipes around the air box thank you

There is one connection, plain white, on the engine side of the airbox which goes to the front connection on the throttle body rubber elbow and one from a sensor just behind the airbox which appears to go to the rear connection on the elbow.IM000166.JPG[/attachment:oqxd5vfo]

Hmm, this pic didn't want to go on with the other one. It's at the rear of the airbox. I think I'm too old for this computy type thingy stuffIM000167.JPG[/attachment:384n59xm]

Cheers wullie I have just one pipe left it goes from the valve at the bottom of the air box the gray one in the centre of the second pic I think they was a T piece on it then it went to the left hand of the servo pipe

Had a close look, with my specs on. The grey one in the second pic 2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIM000169.JPG[/attachment:30iqer3z] has a green T piece with a short leg to, Ithink its the overun cut off valve on the back of the air box. It then splits again at a Y shaped connector, the red bit in the picture with one leg going to the throttle body elbow and the other leg running behinf the heat shield at he back of the engine compartment where it meets with another T piece.IM000170.JPG[/attachment:30iqer3z] One leg connects to the metal covered hose that connects to the back of the upper inlet manifold, just visible at the bottom centre of the second pic. The other leg does a disappearing trick back along the bulkhead, I think to the multi function indicator according to the Golf and Jetta manual I have. Perhaps others could verify. It's now chucking it down so I've retreated indoors. Hope this helps.

Hello. I have always been wondering what the hell is this UFO drink.gif (number 2 in the pic). Could any1 tell me, please?

And according to the topic's main subject, where does the grey pipe (numbered 1 in the attachment) come from/go to? I don't even have a pipe in there roto2rie.gif

btnenviar.JPG[/attachment:1bnc2tk1]

thanks!

wow I found it:

16vDiagVacPipes.jpg

later on I will have a look. anyway, what is nº 4 supposed to do? it seems like some kind of temp. sender