Sign in to follow this  
__Andy__

ET28??

basically im currently running d90's which im positive are et52.3 with adaptors that are about 25-30ml.

i may of found some wheels but they are going to be et28. will i need thicker adaptors or will it just be impossible to get these on?

all you wheel guru's please help!

Regards,

Andy

the et is before yeh..

im apprehensive as the d90's i have are et 52.3 before adaptors and they sit perfectly.

a guy on edition told me that they would be fine with 25ml adaptors?!

All D90 ive ever seen have hight offsets around ET52 coupled with the fact there was never any 10inch wide d90's made i think the guy is not too clued up and has got the specs wrong.

Doesnt sound like genuine D90's and Im not aware of replicas. If that is before adaptors then you will be around Et0 which wont work.

All D90 ive ever seen have hight offsets around ET52 coupled with the fact there was never any 10inch wide d90's made i think the guy is not too clued up and has got the specs wrong.

i think i may have messed my wording up in previous posts.

i currently run a full set of 8j d90's with 25ml adaptors. ive bought and sold a few sets of these so i am 'clued up' when it comes to d90's.

the wheels that have the et's of 23 & 28 are NOT d90's but are porsche fitment wheels (5x130). which i would hope to run with my 25ml adaptors.

so can i run et 28 8j wheels with 25ml adaptors on my corrado or will it not work??

zak, i read the post quite quickly and didnt know whether you were getting that i wasnt clued up or the guy thats got the et28 wheels isnt clued up.

either way please dont take offence to my previous post.

the wheels with the silly low et's arent d90's, so no need to worry about there being a non-genuine set of home made 10j d90's knocking about.

i think 8j is perfect for d90's though im quite fond of the 7.5j ones aswell, no 9j's for me unless they are silver rose's :wink:

Okay i misinterpreted your first post as reading that someone was selling you 10j D90's et23.Now i understand the question so partly my fault for skim reading the thread :)

i take it they are splits if you plan on making the 10's in to 8's? If so are you going to do this by fitting 2" narrower lips? As this will increase the effective offset by 25mm to ET48 which would end up being ET23 after using 25mm adapters. But i think you would still have problems with the two wheels that are et28 as after 25mm adapters they will have a final offset of ET3. Which i personally think would look akward due to them sitting far out but it depends what you like and how low you run. I would personally advise against the wheels unless they are rs's in which case you might be able to play with basket and lip sizes to get them sitting right?

And yep i like silver roses too not just because the look nice but they are forged so nice and light too. Also forged wheels polish up nicer than cast wheels if you ever go down that route. Only downsides with silver roses is the et's are mid 60's so you need to run huge adapters to get them to sit right.

no probs at all.

they are rs', i wouldnt want them to stick out at all, my d90's at the moment sit perfectly so ideally id be looking to have them sitting the same.

so whats the overall verdict, do i take a punt on them and if they dont work out flog them? or do i leave it, save myself the hassle and hold out for a set of porsche fitment 001's?

zak you know your stuff, really love the silver roses but huge adaptors would be an annoyance, and they dont come up too often..

All depends how much they go for, if you can get them reasonably cheap and you have the time and patience to source the parts to make them workable for your car the go for it. You can usually pick up 0.5" 34 bolt lips pretty cheap which will help with the offset but you just have to have the patience to wait for a set to come up at the right price.

this guy did something similar and he started with low offset porsche fitment rs's

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203208

im hoping to get them for about £200, do you think they would be worth it?

im quite prepared to be patient with them as they would be summer wheels anyway..

if you got them that cheap they would be a bargain. You should double check the specs on them with the rs number.

already checked dude, rs056 and rs057...

mite just get them, if they dont work im sure i could get rid of them on edition 38