Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

DODGY WIPERS!

I was experienceing problems wth my wipers so i decxided to change the linkage bar and the two spindles ( all comes as one part) while putting the new one on conneced the motor put the wipers on something wasnt right. When the wipers are not on they sit in the middle of the screen i have tryed moveing them about to line them up to stop at the bottom but nothing seemes to work GRR! Is this a simple problem that can befixed and am to stupid 2 notice?

Regards

Did you allign the mech as per the Bentley Manual - if so this is wrong as it's for LHD cars.

All you need to do is get the arm off the motor (the bit that wears usually) in a straight line with the next part of the mech and set that up so the wipers are parked.

you have to let the motor park itself then reset the arm on the motor as this is your problem ,

the motor arm controls the wipers parking position,

you may have to fiddle with the arms after if you have disconnected them but if there doing the sweep on the screen correctly all should be fine.