Sign in to follow this  
Saint Tricky

G60 ABS Flash codes?

Hi

Thought today would be a good time to fix my ABS on my 92 G60. Only had the car 3 years, so it's not taken me long to get around to it. :D

ABS light is permanently illuminated when the ignition is on.

Thought there was some way to manually get the ABS fault codes out by shorting some connectors and counting the flashes of the ABS light.

Can't seem to find the specifics, can anyone help please?

Ta

ST

Hello

Its most likely a wheel sensor(s) has packed up. Thats what was wrong with mine but I couldnt afford genuine sensors and none of the non genuine ones I brought would fit in the hole.

Easy way to check the sensor is to jack up a wheel and disconnect the sensor plug and measure the resistance of the sensor, If its an open circuit the sensor is broken and if it has a circuit then try spinning that wheel, the resistance should change for exapmle jump from say 1 ohm to 3 ohms then back to 1 again as the wheel turns no idea of what the xcat readings should be but it will help u find out whats wrong.

The pins on the plugs are a little bit tricky to reach with multimeter prode pins but with a little imagination you'll get to them.

Rear sensor plugs are under the rear seats (here unless you have a mate handy pull the wire back through the floor and under the car so you can spin the wheel as the same time), fronts on shock turrets.

Hope this helps

Rich

Thank for that. I'll give it a go next weekend if the snow buggers off.

Managed to flash the codes after a google search. Have hopefully cleared the codes and will get some new ones after driving to work tomorrow.

I just hope it's as simple as replacing a wheel sensor. Knowing my G60 it's gonna be a bit more involved than that.

Cheers for your help.

ST

Haha I know that feeling all to well, as much as I love the thing its getting a right pain in the ass but I have pretty much changed everything on it now for but even a simple bush change has lead to a new subframe.

What did the codes say? If its a rear sensor thats gone you'll struggle to get the old sensore out with out removing the disc as they are a tight fit.

Also just remeber the fronts also have a plug at the sensor its self so if they have a open circuit It might be the lenght of wire from the turret.

Good luck for when the snow goes

Rich

Hi

Got the codes out today.

The last 4 are the wheel sensors which is strange for them to be all broken. I will do the multimeter test as a check.

I have no idea what 2234 refers to though.

Might be removing the ABS light and putting it back in a drawer for another 3 years. :D

Cheers

ST