winchbietch

Winchbietch VR - 280 rears

The problematic hoses that were not part of the coolant kit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45314[/ATTACH]

Just had a look on my coolant samco kit, bought not from Amber and I have same hoses included, hmmmm

Looking at various forums it seems that most samco kits are missing the oil cooler pipes.

Amber are now listing the coolant kit as a 9 hose kit now instead off the 7 that was in the group buy.

It wouldn't have been a problem if these companys were upfront with what there actually selling.

My last email to Amber i stated a comparison that you would be pretty pi**ed if you bought a 7 piece central heating system and 5 bits turned up with two guttering pipes thrown in - strangely i didn't get a response.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49217[/ATTACH]

Decided to strip down my new Schrick as it was all scratched and slightly corroded.

Block sanded down the emblem to level it all and descale it off, got using a polishing wheel on it all, not too bad for an evenings work.

Just caught it back together but recon with a bit more fettling it should look like new.

All i need now is to source a replacement reservoir :sad: - Bloody couriers ..

Edited by winchbietch

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49891[/ATTACH]

Finally got round to fitting it, still to fabricate and fit a reservoir but its back on the road.

Seems to pull well, cant wait to get the butterfy working to see how it is on switchover.

Got a new daily runabout yesterday, Honda acty pickup. few bits to look over before mot but should save a load on fuel and keep the rado good.

Ideal for throwing crap in.

No laughing please..;) [ATTACH=CONFIG]49894[/ATTACH]

Edited by winchbietch

I also had a faulty resevoir - when I went to Stealth for a remap they found an alternative from the VAG parts catalogue. Not too sure which part they got in the end, but I can check the part no next time I am at the lockup. Think it was off a MK3 or MK4 Golf

The Schrick adds a nice bit of low down torque doesn't it? To be honest, I didn't notice the lack of top end too much when the flap wasn't working, but now it is fixed there is a definite difference, accompanied by a slight drop of power when the flap opens. I also got soem 268 cams and remap, and it feels good now. Obviously it's nowhere near the power of the forced induction guys, but I think it's probably as fun as a NA VR6 gets, and more than good enough for me.

I also took the trumpet and helmholtz resonator out of the airbox, and it sounds as good as it goes now!

Yeah im liking the feel of it with the schrick, along with the 263 cams it seems to just want to fly.

Im making up a ally reservoir so it wont go brittle with the heat is the plan, plus i can mount it where i like aswel.

After alot of **** taking and details on how my work collegues plan to do my van over they have decided i should do the split screen look .. lol

What are your thoughts? Obviously it will look a bit different being a pickup.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49905[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49906[/ATTACH]

Edited by winchbietch

you'll get a lot of sideway looks, probably from people like me - but I'd be smiling inside, as its a respectful nod to the camper king, do it for sure :)

Well today went pretty south quick and turned into a complete waste of time.

Drove corrado into work to do some hrs on the van, Corrado was driving lovely - hasn't missed a beat and has been pulling like a train

Parked up at work, went in for a yap for about 5 mins came out and started car to move it and its misfiring /cutting out and generally running like a bag of s**t.

Left it and tried it again about 10 mins later and its the same - engine is hunting and trying to stall on tickover.

Did battery disconnect with hope it would clear the pig.

By picking up the revs it wont cutout and engine seemed smooth so Launched it up the link road to a mates and plugged it on vag com.

Car drove fine apart from rounderbouts and junctions engine is hunting / stalling.

Plugged it in and the only fault showing was :

supply Voltage terminal 30 - signal too low.

Cleared fault and it remained clear but still running pants.

Did smoke test to intake system and found the old obd2 intake elbow has a small leak - typical as i bought a mandrel 42 draft elbow but it doesn't fit with the schrick, so il have to alter it and get it fitted.

Car cut out on every gear change and junction on way home, Pulled up on driveway and its behaving and ticking over lovely.. Left it idling and even blipping throttle its miraculously fixed itself.....

V much hate for the car today....

Im sure i have a hormonally inballanced car its almost like it jealous im working on another vehicle lol.

One things for sure, when my vans on the road corrado's going in garage till i want to look at it again - probbably next year..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51422[/ATTACH]

Hi all

With one thing or another i have not got round to making up a replacement Schrick reservoir.

But as luck would have it i stumbled across a suitable replacement whilst under the bonnet of a customers car at work..

Landrover freelander td4 vacume reservoir part no stc4543 £28 from main dealers but around £18 non oem -above

Looks identical to the replacement schrick one listed from america $65 -below

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51423[/ATTACH]

Edited by winchbietch

[ATTACH]61613[/ATTACH]

A quick snap of my leather Recaro interior that i picked up tonight.

A few hrs /days of hard graft coming up with some Furniture clinic products and they should be looking pretty good.

And the old faithfull chariot that was perfectly sized for collection. :-)

[ATTACH]61617[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by winchbietch

Decided on starting the strip down today, not too bad a job as they go.

The only annoyance is vw run there looms through the seat frame making it more arkward..

[ATTACH]61629[/ATTACH]

gonna look good after the refurb, you dying them or just cleaning and conditioning them??

Hey mate how did you get on bonding the windscreen trim?

No plans to dye them at the moment, the black is still pretty rich and set against the bordeaux shell i think it will look good.

My plan is to replace the fabric material on the backs of the center front seat pannels, i have a few tears behind them -pretty crude way of holding the fabric to the foams really.

The usual cracking to filler / love on the bolsters, then cleaning and condition them.

Im impressed to the quality of vw leather, much better to work with compared to any of the seats ive repaired at work.

well the wurth bond it came yesterday but it hasnt stopped raining yet so havent done it, and yeh will look well nice againt the bordeaux paintwork.

d57a526b-6da7-9567.jpg

Have you had to replace the fabric on the centre backs of any of your recaro's?

Im tempted to try and get it replaced with leather aswell so its more durable.

Edited by winchbietch

d57a526b-6da7-9567.jpg

Have you had to replace the fabric on the centre backs of any of your recaro's?

Im tempted to try and get it replaced with leather aswell so its more durable.

i have never seen that on the 4/5 corrado interiors i have had apart, looks like mini mouse has moved in.

Lol it certainly looks like it from the angle of that pic, its just torn and opened up - probably from getting damp / mouldy.

Trouble with that is it has allowed the leather to sag and crease worse than it would normally, im hoping i can replace the side pieces and with alot of conditioning i can tighten the leather like a drum.. probably wishfull thinking on my part though lol

Decided on fitting the wheels i bought of philuk the other week, still at standard height so looking a bit like a hotwheels toy at the moment :-)a6apasez.jpgasaqehar.jpgusegy4e4.jpg

sy5ugazy.jpg

If i was sensible i would have gone for 7.5" all round instead of 7.5" front and 9" rears - love the look though, cant wait to drop the height a bit ...Looking at getting coilovers in the next few weeks - kw's or Eibach pro street.

My work is now a Eibach distributer so il see what discount i can get.

hey that drangways looking pretty crowded if it was mine id be running 75 series:dance: on the other hand winters coming and i quite like the rado country look!

:thumbleft: thanks mate lol...

Its off the road till next year so hopefully i can get some of the parts fitted.

Coilovers to buy / fit

Renshaw's engine mounts to fit

Intermediate bearing to change

Sender unit to fit and wire for the vdo guage

Leather Recaro's to wire and fit

Headlinning and interior to finalise

Depending how low i go - rolling the rear arches

One day it will be done lol

Edited by winchbietch