Sign in to follow this  
samthegram

9a throttle body- porting + polishing

i have bought a second hand throttle body to see if i can do a bit of home porting and polishing. What i am wondering is that on the smaller throttle inlet butterfly there is a wedge screwed onto it, can i remove this to aid airflow or will it mess the whole air/fuel delivery up? any thoughts appreciated.

when removed on a g60 it makes the throttle very on/off/jerky. not sure how the KE-jet will react to it. worth a try, just swap the butterflys over

Cheers mate, has anyone done this with a 9a throttle body? I notice from the wiki 16v tuning guide that the kr doesn't have a wedge screwed on to the small butterfly, is this correct? what difference would it make?

The wedge is to control the size of the butterfly opening at small throttle inputs, it effectively reduces the area that is opened up, without this small throttle inputs can make the car jerky as Flusted suggests.

Self porting/polishing isn't hard, but you should investigate how to do it before diving in. There is a useful thread on E38 ( :shock: :wink: ) by RWD19T I believe.