Sign in to follow this  
Chris

drive shaft for a 2l 16v, are there options?

are there options for the drivers side drive shaft? ive been told that a mk2 golf gti drivers side drive shaft will fit but im unsure. reason being is that i want to upgrade my skinny 2l 16v drivers side drive shaft for a fatter one. did any of the 2l 16v's come with a fatter drive shaft like the vr6's did? im pretty sure ive asked this before but i cant find any info on it.

ive also posted a wanted ad for this.

if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!! :D

chris

I'm pretty sure the G60 shafts are the fatties having been under Prodigal's last weekend to replace some diff cup bolts on his. The Mk2 Golf ones look identical, I have a spare O/S one and it's definitely fatter than mine.

The 16v ones are quite thin aren't they! Not sure why this is to be honest, remember talking about this sometime last year though.

I'm pretty sure the G60 shafts are the fatties having been under Prodigal's last weekend to replace some diff cup bolts on his. The Mk2 Golf ones look identical, I have a spare O/S one and it's definitely fatter than mine.

The 16v ones are quite thin aren't they! Not sure why this is to be honest, remember talking about this sometime last year though.

yeh we did, i found out that the thin one acts as a kind of torsion shaft to reduce wheel hop under hard acceleration.

is your spare fat driveshaft up for sale by any chance matey? :norty:

You can have it if you like chris. Someone swapped it with me for a rear lighting circuitboard, but I have no use for it and Prod's driveshafts are fine.

I'll see if I can get it down to the Southside meet, or do you need it sooner?

You can have it if you like chris. Someone swapped it with me for a rear lighting circuitboard, but I have no use for it and Prod's driveshafts are fine.

I'll see if I can get it down to the Southside meet, or do you need it sooner?

that would be awesome dude! thanks! i need it asap unfortunately as the engine is out. within the next week would be ideal. would postage be an option? ill pay you up in full up front no worries there if it is an option.

just for my piece of mind, what length is it without the cv's?

Ok mate, I'll try to get it wrapped up and weighed. It's at big bro's at the mo so I'll measure it tomorrow and let you know.

hang fire on this one jon, i may be able to get one locally. ill let you know asap buddy so dont worry about wrapping it up yet.