Sign in to follow this  
Bolster

Cameras on M25 Surrey Stretch

Does anyone know if they are active? I haven't seen one go off in the last couple of months but I'm not willing to test them myself.

I was out of the UK when the whole paint them orange thing happened (which the M25 ones aren't) and I also heard that the ones on the M3 or M4 never get the film changed as it is too dangerous to send a man on the gantry.

Anyone have any better info?

BOLSTER,

i have travelled the route from brighton to swansea and back on a fairly regular basis for the last 4 years while i was at uni and i know that i used to hammer down the M25 until one day when i was sat in a traffic jam going westbound around the heathrow area when i saw a camera click a car going in the other direction! :shock:

think that i was just lucky in not geting fined but since then i have never gone over the stated variable speed limit just in case cos you dont know which ones are active and which ones aren't!

not worth the risk in my opinion cos its only about a 20 mile stetch if that??

saying that before long all the cameras are going digital meaning they won't have to spend 3 grand per film and the pics will all be sent straight to a fines centre enabling all the cameras to be active everywhere, with the potential of snapping hundreds of cars an hour!! :shock:

saying that before long all the cameras are going digital meaning they won't have to spend 3 grand per film and the pics will all be sent straight to a fines centre enabling all the cameras to be active everywhere, with the potential of snapping hundreds of cars an hour!! :shock:

Unless my little invention is proven to work... :wink: In which case Digital speed cameras won't be able to see your number plates and so can't get you! 8) I've had it looked into by a load of lawyers and it's legal (as the letter of the law stands at the moment), I've just gotta get hold of a speed camera to prove it works... Not easy! :roll: :lol: I'm building a couple of prototypes at the moment, so keep watching, you guys will be the first to be offered it! 8)

In the interests of safety of course :)

My preferred method is to follow someone else with enough distance between to shave off speed if their number plate or reflectors light up. :D

In the interests of safety of course :)

My preferred method is to follow someone else with enough distance between to shave off speed if their number plate or reflectors light up. :D

Radar detector wins every time... Unfortunately the new digital ones can see in the dark and don't need radar or lasers which kinda screws up all of the normal detectors unless you slow down for all of 'em like a road angel tells you to do...

Road angel makes too many beeps for my liking... :? Avoid the radar/laser ones with a normal detector and ignore the digital ones with my new thing (if it works! :roll: :lol: )

Anyone run along that stretch who has a radar detector?

Between the M1 and the M23 my detector goes off 3 times - all relatively close to each other on the M4 to Leatherhead stretch (iirc).

As far as I know, though, there is never any film in the cameras as they are linked to the speed restriction signs and monitor traffic flow automatically, rather than being for speeders.

But, you never really can be too sure....

Ive bombed it up that stretch of the M25 regularly, the cameras only work (if at all) at peak times AFAIK

And there arn't any cameras on the M3 or M4. Although the M4 is full of unmarked police cars...