Sign in to follow this  
jaded2882

Tyre pressures

Does anyone know what correct tyre pressures should be on g60 with 205/40 ZR17 84W?? Had them put on a few weeks back, they are all on 37psi at the moment, sounds a bit high?

Sounds ok actually, Corrado's tend to need a decent pressure at the front, I'd run the backs 3 PSI lower.

Depends on tyres really and in particular the sidewalls, 40 profile is fairly low so you don't want to damage the wheels easily

Hold on, theres two sticky threads within this Drivetrain section, regarding tyres. Somewhre there its been discussed at length. Also see the wiki on tyres, where there is a link to a Tyre Bible that explains slip angle etc, Here.

first off it all depends on the tyre make. Cheaper ones tend to have less side wall reinforcement and thus need a higher pressure. Presonally when I was on 17-7.5j rims, with 205 wide tyres, I was happy with 31/32 pressures. But on 15-7.5j rims, with 205 wide Uniroyals, I felt better up at 36/38.

Its partly personal preference, partly feel. Most manufactueres will state a range these days to avoid liability problems.