Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

HEAD GASKET??

Went to start the car today it had been left standing for 4 days as i have been away, noticed a bit of white smoke from the tailpipe and a bit of water aswell, it normally puts out a bit of white smoke when its cold so i wasnt 2 worried took the car 4 a spin 4 5mins and there was slight witeness under the oil cap and nothing under the colant cap when i got back and had a check, left the car running to warm up checked the oil cap again and it was black, i dont know if this is possibley the start of head gasket failure?? any advice would be handy.

Probably just a bit of moisture under the cap as it had been sat for a few days.

You'd need some bigger more conclusive signs that it was the HG, other than just a bit sluggish and some mayo.

Don't worry about it so much :)

You will nearly always get a bit of milky residue on the oil cap if you haven't driven it for a while in the winter due to condensation. Same with the white smoke in the winter on start up. If the white smoke clears after about 5 mins and you are not losing any coolant then chances are its not the HG.