Sign in to follow this  
t_chet2001

Fuel Leak

So tonight I drive out of my close and the car stops at the end of it. I start her up again but she stops instantly, look in my rear view mirror and see a trail of fuel! It appeared to be guzzling out of under the engine, have not had a chance to had a look closely though yet. Pushed it back home and plan on looking tomorrow, any common problems on the 16v's? Seems to definitly be coming from the engine area, but couldnt see anything from the top.

well had more of a luck today and I put the car up on stands and started it. Didnt start but fuel was coming from the direction of the hoses with the isolation around them. I have done some searches and it looks like the most sensible place to start is replace the blue and the black hoses. Now I think I have traced them from the pump to ontop of the air box (well just before, as they change to black rubber?) Now all I need to no is how can I take the air box off? I cant seem to work it out as it looks tricky due to the mass of pipes attached to the top of the filter/air box?

Any tips would be most appreciated!