Sign in to follow this  
philie

"PLEASE HELP"MFA reads 1040(UPDATED NOW 1200)

Hi all.

The Mfa readings im getting while its idleing are 1040 which from research looks like the charger is being bypassed.I have a boost gauge and while im driving im getting .8 bar which I think is pretty good.Any advice on the bypass readings would be appreciated I have ordered bbm intercooler kit maybe this could sort the problem.Thanks in advance guys.

Ok I have fitted the new intercooler pipes and I am still getting a reading of 1040 on idle from the MFA readings.My boost gauge is connected to a t-piece at the inlet manifold and that is reading neagative .5 bar.When I open her up I am getting 1 bar from my boost gauge.I dont know weather the mfa is borke cause when I put the oil temp setting on its constantly changing.I'm rinning a 72mm pulley, an induction kit, cat bypass, Stage 2 chip and the bbm intercooler pipes.Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello, I barr sounds about right depending on how healthy the charger is.. the gauge will read negative when not on throttle - most gauges are Boost and Vac...

IIRC the MFA should read about 5-600 on idle so maybe something wrong there but how does the car drive? pulls ok and smooth?

Yea its smooth but it feels like its lacking in power not really that quick.Do you think the mfa readings of 1040 are wrong maybe something wrong with the gauges but still feels like its not as fast as it should be.Thanks

Well, 1000 is atmosphere so could be a leak somewhere but the gauge your using seems to indicate correctly...

What about plugging that gauge in inside the car - T off the nylon pipe that goes to the back of the clocks.

The gauge is in the car.I have changed all the pipe work to the bbm intercooler kit so im sure there ok.I tried to get the charger out to send it to g- werks but the bloke I bought it off over tightened the nuts on the baffle box and the only way to get it out is to brake it (havent got the money to replace it at the moment) could it be the 1 metre lenght going to the ecu thats leeking or maybe the chip is making it read funny.Still it has a lack of power I got smoked by a civic the other day and im not impressed :( .Any way thanks for the help if you have any more suggestions let me know thanks again.

Ok just a quick update I changed the vacum hose going to the ecu.The old hose was 900mm long so I changed it for a 1000mm one,now when i'm dropping down the gears the car is popping.So I have had enough I'm selling my prize guitar and i'm going to drive over to g-werks during the summer and get it sorted. :clap:

Here is a little update,I have now had there charger serviced a 68mm pulley and a full service on the car,But now i'm getting readings of 1200 and I don't know what the hell is up with it.The boost gauge I have in the car is still reading 0.5 bar on vacum cant test the redline yet as I have'nt broke in the charger but when idleing the MFA now reads 1200.So I guess the question is is there anything that could be wrong or is it just the case that the mfa is f**ked as I seem to be getting the proper readings from my boost gauge.Oh and if someone could confirm the readings they get from there boost/vacum gauge I would appreciate it.