Sign in to follow this  
norman16v

Electric windows and central locking both stopped working

For some reason the electric windows and the central locking in my rado have stopped working at the same time. Checked the manual and it doesn't mention if there's a fuse for the locking, and it says that the electric window fuse is in 'another compartment' but doesn't actually mention where these are. Is there anything like a relay or whatever else that would cause both of these to stop working at the same time?

With this on top of my stalling problems despite a new ISV, I really am starting to get hacked off with my Corrado :mad2:

Kipvw had this same problem which is solved in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=59388&p=867910#p698303

Basically they are both controlled by the same fuse. I think this is a common problem and I'm sure there will be a thread somewhere giving the fuse number.

Kip has posted on a few threads about the fuse continuing to blow and he eventually traced it to the central locking pump unit being faulty in some way.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=76698#p891614

Good luck.

Yep just above the fuse tray amongst the relays for anyone else, Glad its sorted and dont forget to cayy spare fuses in the glove box :lol: if its anything like mine was it may go again soon. :shrug:

Yep just above the fuse tray amongst the relays for anyone else, Glad its sorted and dont forget to cayy spare fuses in the glove box :lol: if its anything like mine was it may go again soon. :shrug:

Hi! could you please post a picture or a ms-paintbrush drawing ( :lol: ) of where the 'hidden fuse' is located? thanks!

Hi! could you please post a picture or a ms-paintbrush drawing ( :lol: ) of where the 'hidden fuse' is located? thanks!

In the fust box by the steering column, look above the main bank of fuses pretty much in the middle and it'll be there, set back a bit. It's a bit difficult to see so you might just have to feel for it

so it is behind the fusebox, isn't it? I mean, not on it's top, but behind?

It's above the long line of fuses, in the middle and set back a bit. So I suppose you could say it's behind in a way... Let me know if you still can't find it and I'll take a picture

It's above the long line of fuses, in the middle and set back a bit. So I suppose you could say it's behind in a way... Let me know if you still can't find it and I'll take a picture

ok,thanks mate. maybe this afternoon I'll try and find it :clap:

I just changed the fuse in my '90 Corrado. There were two fuses on the hidden fuse row above the relays, and the door lock and window fuse is the far right one. I couldn't see them; I just had to feel up there to locate them. If it weren't for this post, I never would have found them.

Now I have power, but my original problem remains: my passenger side window does not stay up. No matter how I position the window, all the way up or partially up, when I release the switch, the window won't stay up; it comes all the way down by itself. I put in a different window control module, and the problem remains.

I just changed the fuse in my '90 Corrado. There were two fuses on the hidden fuse row above the relays, and the door lock and window fuse is the far right one. I couldn't see them; I just had to feel up there to locate them. If it weren't for this post, I never would have found them.

Now I have power, but my original problem remains: my passenger side window does not stay up. No matter how I position the window, all the way up or partially up, when I release the switch, the window won't stay up; it comes all the way down by itself. I put in a different window control module, and the problem remains.