Sign in to follow this  
C. Will Corrado G60 2

Eibach sway bar fittment

I purchased a set of Eibach Sway bars front and rear. The front ones don't fit in the bushes. Eibach said I needed to cut the brushes so the sway bar fits. I'm really not happy with this. Has any ones had the same issue, if so what is the solution?

By sway bar, do you mean Anti-roll bar? I think Sway Bar is the American teminology.

The Eibach ARBS should come with bushes and a fitting kit, unless you bought them second hand. Try the forum search.

hey there pal, what subframe have you got?

just looking at your username it mentions G60's... guessing you must surely be running a VR6 subframe, and if so, i'm guessing you're running VR6 lower arms/anti-roll bar as well... (let's let the americans call them "sway bars"! :) )

the reason i ask is that the VR6 anti-roll bars are different from the G60 items and the fitment is different too. the main thing i'm getting at though is that the VR6 ARB is larger in diameter than the G60 item; hence the bushes should be different.

so, make sure you get hold of some VR6 bushes.

also, the anti-roll bar bushes are a right pain in the ass to fit at the best of times. you're unfortunate that the aftermarket anti-roll bars are even larger than the standard VR6 ones, so that will make an already difficult job very very annoying. the bet advice i can think of is to run a very sharp drill bit down the centre of the new bushes to try and open them out a bit if you're really struggling :shrug:

hope you manage to get something sorted pal - press on and i'm sure you'll work it out :)