Sign in to follow this  
krnau

central locking + electric windows issue...

yes, this month was passing through without anything breaking .... until today :pukeright:

I had noted some times that when operating an electric window switch, the relay clicked, but when getting to the top/bottom, it didn't, so I couldn't use the other one unless i clicked the first's switch again...

but today it has gone another way. Without operating them, I have tried, at first, to press the button and it has made nothing at all... and nor the other one... but, to my surprise: the central locking wasn't working....

until I have disconnected and reconnected the battery positive wire (like the way one resets the MFA). After that, everything has come back to work again..

UPDATE: 27-04-09

i have tried twice to take the negative of the battery apart, and it has made no difference at all to neither the CL nor the EW... any ideas? is there any way to "bridge" the electirc windows switches so I can opperate them provisionally??? thanks!

any ideas? thanks!

SECOND UPDATE: 28-04-09

It WAS a blown fuse :scratch: which takes me to think about the reset I did by desconnectering the battery the day before yesterday and which made everything work again :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

and, secondly, takes me to think about... ¿¿what the h3ll drives a fuse to get blown?? may be an espontaneously earth????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

after replacing it, I have been normally operating the EE and it hasn't blowed ....

pffff I was about to forget what corrado ownership feels like :brickwall:

hmm not sure if i can offer any help on that. What i would do is check all the connections in the rubber boot between the door and the wing, i had a couple shorted wires there. Also on my passenger side i had no plastic cap over the check strap inside the door. the live wire for the window motor also shorted on that!. Found a spare window loom floating around so i spent the weekend swapping that over. found more dodgy wires where the wires pass under the passenger seat carpet. there was a load of glass under there (must of been from a previous break in) which had cut through some of the loom. Glad i swapped it all now.

hmm not sure if i can offer any help on that. What i would do is check all the connections in the rubber boot between the door and the wing, i had a couple shorted wires there. Also on my passenger side i had no plastic cap over the check strap inside the door. the live wire for the window motor also shorted on that!. Found a spare window loom floating around so i spent the weekend swapping that over. found more dodgy wires where the wires pass under the passenger seat carpet. there was a load of glass under there (must of been from a previous break in) which had cut through some of the loom. Glad i swapped it all now.

thanks a lot for your reply but the thing is I did only a "reset" and it all worked fine then. if it was a shorted wire I think it would have not worked with a resed, would it? i am not saying it can't be, but it is very strange

and re-updated. it was a blown fuse... but how can a fuse blow?? after replacing it, I have been normally operating the EE and it hasn't blowed ....

Hup!

My windows and central locking just stopped working. Anyone know which fuse it is?

Also where is the control unit located for the windows?

nick

Hup!

My windows and central locking just stopped working. Anyone know which fuse it is?

Also where is the control unit located for the windows?

nick

control unit is behind rear left "door" panel.

the fuse is located on the top of the fusebox, on the relays :)