Sign in to follow this  
t_chet2001

Yet Another KR Exhaust Question

Hello Chaps, Im a little comfused on exhausts and need some advice regarding what to get myself. I have a MoT coming up and I am pretty sure that my exhaust has a hole in it somewhere, Im going to jack it up later tonight when I am home to see if I can spot the problem! Anyway, I have been looking on lots of different threads for ideas on which make to go for etc and am a little confused about CATS. Magnex exhausts seem nice, I found this "complete system"

http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_ ... ry=Exhaust

But would that have a CAT in, as apparantly as mine is a 1989 kr 1.8 16v, I dont need a cat? So is it best to buy the parts seperately? Any help would be appreciated, as Im a newb who needs answers!

Cheers,

Tom

nope, can't use that, the 2L 16v has different hangars on the car and the exhaust has different 'hooks' on it, more like the mk2 golf style.

TBH your best bet is to get a custom rear and mid section made and use a pattern mk2 16v golf front box and a mk2 16v downpipe if you need it (same parts)

the 1.8 has a silencer box as part of the downpipe at the very front, so if that is shot you need a new full downpipe.

what I refer to as the front box (same as mk2 16v) is a short straight pipe with a narrow silencer built into it.

pattern rear and mid boxes are generally of dubious quality and there's few off the shelf systems for 1.8's, heard good comments about Jetex systems in the past though, think they still make a 1.8 system.

assuming you can't patch the hole up, and if ur wallets up for it you could go for a four branch manifold and then a full system aftermarket exhaust, not cheap 4 branch is 150-200 and aftermarket systems are geetting on for 300 iirc

on my last valver i had a 'miltek' system chose it as they aren't as loud as some some of the others, but that was my preference, like david have heard jetex are good also. if you do go aftermaret there is a good thread on here about selections and peoples comments