Sign in to follow this  
TheWizardofOdds

Releasing tank flap manually

Save a Corrado today*

I can't open the tank flap, yet the central locking is working (with a completely inoperable drivers door handle).

I've got the manual out, and to quote: " Then push the locking rod in front of the white diaphragm housing in direction of arrow slightly downwards". What arrow? Or am I missing something? I can see the rod and have had what is know technically as a 'footer', but nothing seems to be moving.

Anyone got a clue about this? I'm low on fuel, and the missus is seriously low on love for the Corrado, after what seems like endless months of our once flourishing bank account being decimated in a one car demolition job.

Recently the central locking has been making a clicking sound as the car is unlocked (like a pin isn't engaging properly), now, the sound is no longer. Surely it must be related to this issue?

Any help appreciated.

* Or 'er indoors will torch it.

I think you go inside the boot, pull down the right hand side carpet from around the rear light area and rear wing and the little rod pump thing should be in there. Push it down and it will unlock your fuel flap.

Thanks mate. I've tried pushing it down but there's no movement.

and up? it looks like a pen, long and thin. try moving it both ways, it should get unlocked. if it doesn't, unplug the central loking pump, just in case the motor was locked or something by the pump :cry: