Sign in to follow this  
jimhoughton

Full beam won't stay on

Hi guys - any ideas on this - my full beam (for no apparent reason) won't stay on. It works fine pulling the stalk back normally to flash but never clicks into position. Any thoughts?

Had the same problem on mine. Turned out it was a little piece of plastic broken in the switch on the indicator stalk. One 2nd hand stalk later all ok. Not to hard to change either.

Does anyone know any more on this issue? Any tell-tale signs of the stalk being broken or should I just go for it and replace it? What relay might it be on if it were the relay that had gone?

Thanks for all your help,

Jim

Without being rude... You are flicking the headlight switch on to the right position? I.E the second position.

If you have an uprated loom, then it might be putting dipped beam on instead of sidelights and confusing the issue.

Yep - it used to work fine. But the car was flooded about six months ago and various things have been going wrong electrically ever since! That's why I wonder if it's a relay - but am not sure which one to try.

Might be worth trying another headlight switch too. They do fail with time.

Yep - worth changing the switch anyway tbh

This would also happen if you had an uprated loom installed and did not unplug the dim-dip resistor.