Sign in to follow this  
smudge

windscreen water tray

Hi All,

I have been having my corrado resprayed (been there for months!! - but nearly finished) will post pics when it is done. I have got all the replacement part for the rebuild in no small measure thanks to the lists posted here, however, I am missing the water tray. I have been waiting for the part from the stealers for months - think they called it a scuttle tray - any thoughts on where I might get it/them (think they come in a few parts) getting the feeling it might not been available anymore.

Ta

Smudge.

Hi Smudge,

If you are thinking of a tray that covers the whole scuttle area (wiper motor/ECU/Fan vent thing) like in a MK2 Golf then I'm sorry to say they didn't do one for the Corrado. All the car came with was a little tray that covered the fan vent thing. The rest was left exposed.

There is a company that makes an after market one that covers the whole tray. Can't remember who but if you do a search on here I'm sure it'll pop up.

Thanks Shaung60 and Dec that one piece number is definitely bling! I was hoping to keep my car totally standard (apart from headlights upgrade and TT wipers) and just wanted to replace the tired looking bit of plastic that is already there. I will try and fish out the part number I have here somewhere. Not the end of the world as I can always use the peanut butter suggestion!!

Thanks again,

Smudge

I've got what You need. 3 pieces in very good condition. 30 quid posted.

Thanks for the offer Emu I am really looking for something new to do justice to my new paint job. I am just outside Aberdeen so could have picked the bits up.

Ta also to MK2 I will have a look at getting a new mark II one as looks like obsolete now for the corrado!!

I'll get some pics up when I get a mo- was fitted by the previous owner. Looks straight forward though :)

I've got what You need. 3 pieces in very good condition. 30 quid posted.

I might be interested in that, no postage required.

Oh and smudge where you getting your car done?

If smudge is not interested is Yours but he has first bid if he want it. 25 quid collected.

Evening All,

Thanks Emu but think I will stick with what I have for now might go for the bling option later.

Coullstar getting my car resprayed in Stonehaven by Protrim Autobody recomended by my garage will get some picture posted soon - are you thinking about getting some paint work done? or checking the competition!!

Smudge.

If smudge is not interested is Yours but he has first bid if he want it. 25 quid collected.

Ok, ill take it. You free Sunday night?

Smudge. Should be a good job as they have a good rep. A friends Rallye is in there and he mentioned seeing a Corrado in. I would love to get a respray but I live in the centre of town so Ive lost patience with keeping the car nice. Newly painted wings lasted 2 weeks before getting damaged. Going to be function over form for me now thats if I ever get the MOT. If not Im breaking the bugger or swapping for a standard VR.

Ok, ill take it. You free Sunday night?

Ok. are Yours. PM with details posted.