Sign in to follow this  
ANDREW 30

H&R springs but which top mounts will i need?

Please look at my last post on this thread!

I'm having my suspension replaced on my 94 VR next week, but i'm going to be working away from home all week so i need to get everything ordered today.

I've got the koni TA shocks and H&R springs covered, i think i'll need new rear bump stops and front top mounts but is there anything else?

Does the front have bump stops?

I don't want to go to mad, but want to make sure i've got all the essentials covered!

Any suggestions of the best place to buy them online would also be handy, as i'm new to all this and i'm not sure i've discovered the best online sites yet!

Thanks in advance Andrew

new top mounts i got mine from the stealers as gsf ones are rubbish

What kind of money are they from the dealers?

do a search, they're some wedge though.

And yes, the fronts definitely DO have bump stops.... You know what bump stops are, right?

Why don't you just get the garage to order everything in for you?

do a search, they're some wedge though.

And yes, the fronts definitely DO have bump stops.... You know what bump stops are, right?

Why don't you just get the garage to order everything in for you?

I know that bump stops basically stop the suspension from bottoming out and bugging the damper!

I could let the garage order all the parts for me from VW, but the suspension was'nt something i was expecting to be replacing within weeks of buying the car so funds are getting low!

If you're buying springs and shocks I would be tempted to buy everthing on the diagrams and then just swap the bits over as units...

This all adds up but will be cost effective in terms of the time you are paying for someone else to break the old units down - maybe 1 hour to fit all four (in an equipped garage) as opposed to 3 hours (plus alignment)

The key parts are -

Front top mounts + bearings

Rear Bump stops (cut these down by 30mm for the drop)

Rear upper spring platforms (these need drilling out 1mm for the Koni rears)

New lower nuts and bolts for all 4 corners.

Out of interest, I don't have all of the washers etc needed for my Konis. cn I just drill all the standard ones out?

Thanks.

P.J. Otter.

Not really mate - just ring Koni and get some sent.

I tried emailing them and got a bounceback. I don't like talking to strangers. I'm shy.... :(

I'm waiting on my new H&R spings for my new suspension setup and i was told by someone that H&R springs only match either the early or late top mounts but i can't remember which, can anyone put me straight on this please!

Also i've got a 94 VR which top mounts will my car be fitted with? My Chassis number is WVWZZZ50ZRK004557 if that helps!ANDREW 30