Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Rosstech dont work, trying to read engine codes...

Ive installed

' Release 311.2

Posted 16. November 2003

For ISO-COM and most Third-Party interfaces'

as i have a 3rd part X-One lead which i know works as i have got it off a mate who has done my car before with it.

i plug the 9 pin serial lead into the back of this laptop but it just wont pick the lead up when i run the rosstech test, i click test and it says:-

Com Port status: OK

Interface Status: 3 - not found or not ready!

it does this on com port 1 and 3 when i test it.

ive gone into device manager on the laptop and under the heading Ports (COM & LPT) it only shows Com port 1.

what do i do, help!

Neil, i currently have the same problem. If i plug the lead in and then test each com port it says 'not found' (or like) for all the usb port bar the one its plugged in to, as expected. But the one it is plugged into it says the same thing as youre getting. Its funny cos i've installed vag com before and its worked fine. I dont recall doing anything different to get it working. Im going to try again tomorrow.

Neil, i currently have the same problem. If i plug the lead in and then test each com port it says 'not found' (or like) for all the usb port bar the one its plugged in to, as expected. But the one it is plugged into it says the same thing as youre getting. Its funny cos i've installed vag com before and its worked fine. I dont recall doing anything different to get it working. Im going to try again tomorrow.

let me know if you get it working pal.

BOLLOX just lost my post.

Well here's the short version...

Neil try rebooting the computer with the cable plugged in, try pressing the 'LED' button then the test button. Pulling the cable out and then back in and press test again. I managed to get it working tonight, albeit when i tried again it did the same as you said, but trying again and i got it working.

I was using version 303.1

yup.

Was using it again last night too and it connected first time no probs. All i did is boot the computer with the cable plugged into the USB port and the car. Then ran VAG COM, went to options pressed test on COM 3 (the port the cable was plugged into) and voila!

yup.

Was using it again last night too and it connected first time no probs. All i did is boot the computer with the cable plugged into the USB port and the car. Then ran VAG COM, went to options pressed test on COM 3 (the port the cable was plugged into) and voila!

brillaint cheers!