Sign in to follow this  
krnau

quick question about kr injectors

hello. I bought a set of 4 kr injectors from a user of this forum. well, today I have pulled out my old injectors after a 15seconds drive and any of them were leaking. I removed one of them from it's fuel line and (almost) no fuel fell out of it !! :-| well apart from this.... I have found that the injectors I bought are not the same as KR ones!!! they don't have an o-ring on it's lower section (once in the manifold so you understand what I mean), and if I put it in the engine, it seems loose and freely of movement when I play with the fuel rail ¿!!¿?¿

any help.. please... if you reply now, I can go to the car and replace all of them

then purchased injector's part number is: 0 437 502 023 (014)

the one on the top is the one I bought

and the bottom one, the kr one I had in my engine

Corrado92.pdf05072009(001).jpg[/attachment:vbmwkcpc]

thanks for looking :)

more pics of the 'new' ones I bought:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSCN5447 [efsd].JPG[/attachment:vbmwkcpc]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSCN5449 [efsd].JPG[/attachment:vbmwkcpc]

DSCN5450 [efsd].JPG[/attachment:vbmwkcpc]

Pulled one from my KR. It is the same as your originals. The number is 0 437 502 041 (014). I don't know what the ones you bought are from but if the are loose becauase of the missing o ring I wouldn't use them.

I thought the o-ring attachment piece from your old injectors was removable? So it could just be fitted onto the tip of the new ones? :scratch:

I could try and remove the cap, but, I would like to know if these injectors would work well con my KR... because I read somewhere that the cap, once removed and re-attached to another injector, may (after some time) fell into a cilynder :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

yep, you don't want them dropping into the engine,

the 'top-hats' aren't essential, they're a modification to the K-jet injector to provide a heat shield to the end of the injector, plenty of people on club GTI have bought brass mercedes ones like these (no top hat and seal) from e-bay and they work just fine. Of course you might have early mk2 8v GTI/mk1 injectors there, in which case they may not flow enough or open at the right pressure :shrug:

yep, you don't want them dropping into the engine,

the 'top-hats' aren't essential, they're a modification to the K-jet injector to provide a heat shield to the end of the injector, plenty of people on club GTI have bought brass mercedes ones like these (no top hat and seal) from e-bay and they work just fine. Of course you might have early mk2 8v GTI/mk1 injectors there, in which case they may not flow enough or open at the right pressure :shrug:

is there any web site with specs of these injectors? I haven't found any :(