Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

Fuel Pump Types

Weird one this. :lol: :lol:

I'm trying to get a new fuel pump. Its a single pump type. I've been to my dealers to have a look at there computer and got the part number 1HO919651Q. I got a friendly independant VW mechanic to order it for me from John Roberts Bosch suppliers, Wrexham. They reckon theres two makes of pump, VDO and I carnt remeber the other make and there main dealer only. They said that GSF are a suplier of the other make of pump (not VDO) but when they have ordered them they have been sent the wrong type (VDO). They also reckon these two makes are not interchangeable. I'll have another look at my pump to see if I can tell what make it is.

I could order one from the main dealer but they have mentioned nothing about the two makes so I dont want to order one (up to 7days) and it be the wrong one. Anybody know whats going on here? :lol:

The two pumps are VDO and pierburg. They are not interchangeable. Want to guess how I know :roll: .

I bust the VDO one in my G60 but got another full assembly with sender from Awesome which does replace all the VDO bits.

If it helps the same pump and sender are fitted in MK3 GTIs VR6s some but not all Passats, 90-94 they output 4 Bar of pressure.

Gavin

If you check the top of the assembly on your car. Under the cover in th eback edge of the boot. It'll be marked up VDO or Pierburg.

I guess they would judt have whatever was on the shelf on the day. Don't buy one from a VR thinking its better than any other. ETKA says it's the same part number so there can be no difference.

Whats up wi your pump by the way? Trying to eliminate snags for the :wink: 18th :?:

Gavin

My cars really hesitant, so I've changed the inline fuel filter, clean intank filter, etc. I'm 100% sure its the fuel pump. When I turn on the ignition the fuel pump makes a noise like sucking the last of your coca'cola through a straw! :lol:

I was told that the VDO and pierberg are not interchangeable. That they have a different mounting. I also would rather keep the old fuel level stuff as it cost £50 and there is nothing wrong with it. If the pumps are different its likely that fuel level stuff is different as well?

I should be able to sort this tomorrow though, after checking my pumps make. I'll just phone around. Cheers

P.S. I'll be trying to get at least one other engine modd for the RR day :wink: You coming along then?

I've been thinking about this (it didnt hurt to much) and the problem is that I'm being told that there are two makes of pump which arent interchangable but share the same part number!!

That carnt be right???? :roll:

The fuel level sender works on a standard set by VDO, so your old one should still be fine to use with whatever new pump you need to get... 8)

Another look at ETKA, it looks as though you can only get VDO pumps off VW and you would need to get the sender to match at the same time!!!

I still think you need to confirm which you have, before buying the pump on its own.

Or get a replacement fom the scrappy.

Have you tried to monitor the fuel pressure, to see if there is a snag with it, before going for the big money option.

Maybe the filter on the pump is partially blocked. It has to be worth having a look.

Gavin

At work on the 18th so I'll be a late show if I make it. Sorry but still not bothered about the rollers. :)

I have just got off the phone with my local dealers. The pump they have listed is a VDO. Althought the have a listing for both a VDO and pierburg fuel sender!!

Me and the VW guy both agreed that they probably dont sell a pierburg pump anymore. So your right on the money H100VW!! I think it means that if my pump is pierburg I will need to buy a VDO pump, fuel sender and mounting. If its a VDO I will only need to replace the pump. I'm going out now to have a look!!

Gavin I'm sure its the pump because of the noise. I've cleaned filter on the pump. The nosie it makes isnt healthy.

I have had a look at my pump it has no markings on it. But the tank lid with the pipes going into it has pierburg on it and the part number 191 919 051 bm.

I've tryed phoneing GSF but the bloke I spoke to was trying to sell me a Bosch pump for a late 8v gti which I'm sure is wrong.

So I carnt get a Pierburg pump from VW, and am having touble ordering one from else where.

I have had a look at my pump it has no markings on it. But the tank lid with the pipes going into it has pierburg on it and the part number 191 919 051 bm.

I've tryed phoneing GSF but the bloke I spoke to was trying to sell me a Bosch pump for a late 8v gti which I'm sure is wrong.

So I carnt get a Pierburg pump from VW, and am having touble ordering one from else where.

191 919 051 bm. This number has been deleted and so have a couple of newer ones. That last number ETKA came up with is 1H0 919 651Q which is a MK3 part for the VR and 2 litre GTI.

You might have to get a new pump and then check the scrappies for a sender unit to put it in??

Gavin